Thursday, December 17, 2009

State of Dismay

What is going ON with the world anymore? A couple fights. An athlete dies. He is praised upon high. I make a comment that he was not a saint and am chastened for the statement... only to call a friend and hear that a year ago, a pedophile was released from prison, and the grandma of the abused child killed the pedophile and herself to save the child - because said Pedophile? Was abusing HIS OWN KID.
A story I never even heard about. And it was right next door, in Covington.
What has happened to us as a society that we worship the troubled performers, yet ignore the silent heroes?
I was supremely shocked by the end of Dexter, Season 4, and that must be because I am so close to a number of new Moms in the world. I never saw it coming, and I haven't been that rattled by a fictional character since Cooper was BOB in Twin Peaks - almost 20 freakin' years ago!
Death is nothing new. Yet again and again we hail the weak, the sick, the perverted. It worries, saddens, and disgusts me.
Michael Jackson - pill addled child molester with all the hush funds in the world. I don't give a shit about what anyone else thinks - the man was disgusting. But you'd think he was Jesus Christ The Second Coming after his death.
Meanwhile my grandmother, 92 - and a pain in the ass by the way - passes by, not a blip on the radar.
Live each day. Do your best. It's all one can ask.
Just stop worshiping the undeserved. Worship No One.
Treasure your self and those that matter to you.
Shit - Kum ba Ya? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment